HIRE Contract – State and Municipal Purchasing
Purchasing on state contract can save your municipality up to 40% on average? According to your New Your State Office of General Services you certainly can.
SecureIt Partners with Strack,Inc. for HIRE Contract Purchasing
HIRE CONTRACT # PC66817
Because state contracts meet the competitive bidding requirements of general municipal law, they can easily be used as an alternative to separately procuring goods and services locally.
- Reduce or eliminate the time required to prepare bid specifications.
- Enhance and simplify the purchasing process.
- Minimize the time required to identify responsible vendors.
- Benefit from the competition of many bidders seeking large volume contracts.
- Provide benchmarks to judge the reasonableness of bids solicited by localities.
Purchasing through State contracts provides local officials with access to the State’s buying power and expertise, which results in lower prices and higher quality goods and services.
The purpose of the Hazardous Incident Response Equipment (HIRE) contract is to provide Authorized users, including other participating states, with a means of acquiring various types of hazardous incident response equipment as per, but not limited to, the Department of Homeland Security’s authorized equipment list. Note: SecureIT weapon storage is on this list
All Authorized Users of NYS OGS contracts may purchase from the HIRE contracts. Additional States may join at any time by signing a Participating Addendum.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
- How do I know if I’m an Authorized User of NYS OGS contracts, including the HIRE contract?
Answer: If you are a NYS entity, please contact NYS OGS (Office of General Services) Procurement Services Customer Services at: 518-474-6717, or via email at: OGS.email@example.com .
Answer: If you are not a NYS entity (other state), and would like to purchase from the HIRE contract, Please contact the HIRE Contract Administrator using the current contact information located at http://ogs.ny.gov/purchase/spg/awards/3823222872CAN.HTM or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have not already done so, you must submit a Participating Addendum.
- If I am a NYS Agency, and I’m making a purchase from the HIRE contract, am I required to obtain three quotes?
Answer: No. See The NYS Procurement Guidelines “Procurement Basics” for rules on Agencypurchasing: http://nyspro.ogs.ny.gov/sites/default/files/uploaded/NYS%20Procurement%20Guidelines.pdf
- What if more than one HIRE contractor has the item(s) I need, but they are listed at different prices?
Answer: Although not an Agency requirement, it is strongly recommended that all Authorized Users seek quotes from more than one participating HIRE contractor to obtain the best possible pricing when the same item is offered by more than one contractor at different pricing.
- How do I know if a product on the HIRE contact meets Federal Guidelines for use of grant funds?
Answer: See Section 6-Standards for links to sites pertaining to standards for personal protective gear for first responders, and/or contact the contractor or manufacturer for specification sheets and additional information.
- Where will I be able to find the Authorized Equipment List?
Answer: The Authorized Equipment List (AEL) is now available in PDF format at http://www.fema.gov/grants. For questions about the AEL, please contact your Grant Programs Directorate (GPD) Program Analyst or the Centralized Scheduling Information Desk (CSID). You can reach the CSID by phone at (800) 368-6498 Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m.–5:30 p.m. EST, or by email at email@example.com. FEMA GPD is working to develop interactive functionality on the FEMA website and will provide further communication once this functionality is available.
- When are contractor pricelists updated, and how long does it take?
Answer: HIRE Contract holders are allowed to update their pricelists once a year, beginning in December 2015. New items under a Contractors listed categories and manufacturers may be added and/or items may be removed. Prices may also be increased or decreased and item numbers may be revised. Pricelist update approval times may vary. No general timeframe for review and approval is given.
- If I don’t see certain contractor or manufacturer listed, is it possible for an Authorized User to request that OGS add a new contractor or new manufacturer product line to the HIRE contract?
Answer: No. New contractors and manufacturers are not allowed to be added during the contract term. In addition, Contractors may not add new categories to their pricelist.
- Who do I contact if I have questions regarding the HIRE contract?
Answer: Please contact the HIRE Contract Administrator using the current contact information located at http://ogs.ny.gov/purchase/spg/awards/3823222872CAN.HTM or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or our agent: